Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good friends, good food, good music!

We had a house concert last Saturday in our backyard. It's been a long time since I've had so much fun! We had a great mix of roughly 40 people; and I cooked up red beans, rice, and cornbread (which I burned) in my outdoor kitchen. It featured Ember Schrag with our mysteriously talented son, Günter; followed by John Walker, also with Günter. This first photo is a little dark, but I'm anticipating people sending me some more, at which time I'll replace it.




I've been a fan of John Walker ever since I was a student at Wesleyan in the mid-70s (he was a philosophy professor); and I'm really impressed that he's still at it, still enjoys it, and is so very supportive of young folk musicians. Kudos also to Ember for providing a Lincoln venue for folk music! We're going to try to do this again in September.

I wanted to post a couple of little ditties, recorded by our friend Don, but Blogspot doesn't seem to have an option for audio-only. You can get more info at Ember's website and at John Walker's website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home