Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring has Sprung


I've been mentally formulating a righteous rant against Sears, and the fact that their absurd "customer service" system deprived us of hot water for nearly a week, but the weather is so gorgeous, and my flowers are so pretty, and our water heater seems to be working (for now, anyway), that I can't quite summon enough curmudgeonliness to effectively describe how pissed we were last week. So, enjoy these photos of my spring blossoms.








I planted the pussywillow and forsythia the first year we lived here (1986) -- sort of as an homage to my mom. Those were two of her favorites, and are planted at either end of my clothesline.

The photo below is my new indoor herb garden, situated directly under the bathroom skylight. I'm having fun with my Anthony Bourdain cookbook, but I've gotten really tired of paying $5.00 or so for a few little sprigs of rosemary or thyme. So, my little garden contains rosemary, thyme, chives, and sage. When watering them yesterday, I noticed that they are already sprouting.

I'm excited about being able to just cut some whenever a need it. I'll plant some more outside in a few weeks -- probably some parsley, cilantro, oregano, etc.
We're going over to Tom's folks' for pizza this evening. I guess it's a holiday or something. So, Happy Whateveritisyoucelebrate!

1 Comments:

At April 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM , Blogger SearsCare said...

To Jo,
First allow me to apologize for the delay in finding this post. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I’m sorry to hear about these issues with your water heater and our customer service team. You should not have had to wait so long for hot water. That’s just about as essential as your refrigerator. Was it a parts delay or were we unable to get a tech to your home in a timely manner. I’m glad we got it fixed but we would still like to talk with you about this situation and see if we can make this right for you. I also want to let you know to make us the primary point of contact if problems develop again. We can make sure you get hot water with no delays. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the water heater was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jo) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home