Saturday, April 17, 2010

Squeaky Wheels and all that

I don't know if any of you noticed the comment on my last post, but it was from Sears. We had a horrible week wrangling with their "service" center trying to get our water heater fixed. After 6 days without hot water, and complaining through every avenue Sears had to offer, and $150, it got fixed. I mentioned it in passing in my last post -- I was sick of dealing with it. Lo and behold, someone from Sears read it and commented. So, I talked to a very pleasant woman named Tammy; and the upshot was that they refunded our money AND sent us a $50 gift card. Now, having mentioned "Sears" by name in this post, they will probably read this one, too.

We learned two things from this experience:
  1. Buy appliances from local merchants, with local service.
  2. If you don't get satisfaction with service, complain in a public place (like a blog).

We're totally satisfied with the results we finally got from Sears, but definitely won't be buying any more appliances from them. My blood pressure can't take it.

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM , Blogger SearsCare said...

Jo,

I’m so glad we could help you in this situation. I’m glad that Tammy was as effective as I knew she’d be when we assigned the case to her, and yes I wanted to respond, not because I saw your post but because we are genuinely glad your situation is taken care of.
I did want to mention, that we are here and available for you in any situation and we hope that you will re-consider not buying from Sears in the future. Instead of you getting your blood pressure up, please let us handle things for you. The last thing we want is for you and your family to be negatively impacted by something we can handle for you. Hey, it’s what we do.
I also don’t know of another retailer that can say to you that you have a dedicated Case Manager totally assigned to you should anything ever happen so I hope you’ll give us another chance in the future to show you we are the Sears you remember.

Thank you,
Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home