Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Holidays 2009!

It's truly looking like a winter wonderland around here! This is what we've been dealing with this week:

My next-door neighbor's daughter, Claire, built a pretty amazing igloo, supposedly for their cats, but she seems to be enjoying it, too.


It's actually kind of unusual for us to get this much snow this early -- this is more like a February storm. Unfortunately, it's also been butt-freezing cold. Sure does look more Christmas-y, though, and we're really glad to have invested in a new furnace!

I know I said I would take some video of my crazy neighbor's decorating, but when I went over there, she had only done about half of what she did last year, so it wasn't really worth it.

Last night was Candy and Floyd's annual White Elephant party. We managed to divest ourselves of last year's Bob Hope statue, as well as a couple other oddities we had around here. Below are pictures of the bounty we received in return:


I'm constantly amazed at the things people will pay money for.

We also went down to the Zoo Bar to hang out with the BelAirs for a bit, and deliver some Christmas goodies. All in all, a very enjoyable Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home