Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer's being followed by a moonflower


Every time I look at or think about these flowers, I start humming Cat Stevens' "Moon Shadow" for some reason. Heh. Now that I've given you the ear worm, you will, too!

They're really, really cool. They're related to morning glories, except that they only bloom at night. They climb like crazy, and smell amazing! These are planted right by our front porch. Next year, though, I'm going to start them indoors in March or April and put actual plants in the ground. They just started blooming this last week, even though I planted them in early May -- I had just about given up on them.



This is what they look like during the day. I'm also thinking that next year I'll plant them in the window boxes and let them be a screen for the front porch. Then we wouldn't have to see the tatooed hillbillies next door jumping on their trampoline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home