Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Shoes*

*Leo Johnson, from Twin Peaks

Well, I'm feeling pretty guilty about having ignored this blog for so long, but truth be told, I haven't had all that much to be curmudgeonly about. I've been pretty busy having lots of fun, which is a good thing, right?

It started with a delightful 2-week trip to my brother's cabin in Lincoln, MT. Good company, good food, beautiful scenery, beautiful weather. What more could one ask of a vacation??

Then, Hannah had this fun and funky art show at the Zoo Bar, and sold lots and lots of coasters.


Let's see, Tom's sister Marcia was here for a visit, too, which was fun.

Then, there was my birthday (yesterday, actually, although it seems I'm having a "birthday week"). Hannah & Tony actually convinced Tom & I to go to Omaha to the Taj Mahal/Bonnie Raitt concert. I'm really glad they did, too, because it is in the top five of all the concerts I've attended in my life.

Hannah also gave me these totally cool shoes (if you click on the picture, you can see them in more detail):

I wore them to work today and got lots of positive comments. Tomorrow my co-workers are taking me to lunch; and Thursday, Günter & Beca are taking us to dinner. I bought myself a new electric skillet yesterday, too, which makes me happy.

You know, most years I'm downright cranky at this time of year because I generally loathe summer (except for tomatoes and sweet corn). This year, though, we've hardly even used the AC. In fact, I'm sitting here right now in fleece pants and a sweatshirt! Weird.

I'm sure something will come up soon to make me curmudgeonly, but for right now I'm just enjoying the bliss.

2 Comments:

At September 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Mose said...

Well gosh, sis, that's kind of nice. Happy belated birthday!

 
At September 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

I love Happy moms! The shoes look awesome on you btw! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home