Sunday, February 22, 2009

God Bless Bill Maher

We just watched Religulous. Oh my, it was wonderful. He articulated so exactly how I feel about organized religion (scared).

The trouble is, as is true of so many documentaries, the people who really need to see it never will -- preaching to the choir, so to speak. I was sort of disappointed in the people he chose to interview, too -- nut jobs all. I'm guessing that people higher up the hierarchical ladder refused to speak to him. Oh well, I liked it so much that I watched it twice.

We also watched Burn After Reading this weekend. That one was sort of disappointing. Next up on our Netflix queue is W and An Inconvenient Truth. I love Netflix -- this is the third year in a row that my brother has given us a gift subscription for Christmas. I recently finished watching all five seasons of Babylon 5, and am pleased to report that it held up well.

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

How did YOU get Religulous ? It's been my #1 forever and it's said "very long wait" forever.

I might be alone in it (probably not though) but I thought An Inconvenient Truth was boring because it presented nothing I didn't know, and it makes Al Gore seem a bit of a tool to me. I don't know, tell me what you think after you watch it.

Now, if you want to talk about disturbing documentaries...last night Tony and I watched Jesus Camp about an Evangelical children's camp in Missouri. They are making an army for the lord. I think you'd like the doc, but it's really creepy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home