Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ah Choo!

I have a cold, which totally sucks. I haven't had one for a really long time, so I guess I can't complain too much. It has a lot to do, I think, with the fact that almost everyone at work has or has recently had one. We have a new "open office" arrangement there, which means everybody is exposed to everything. Fortunately, though, I have a job that lends itself to working at home and a boss who lets me. So, that's what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Here's a consumer shout-out: Emergen-C. It's a powdered stuff that is packed with vitamins C and B (so it also gives a little energy boost). I drink one every day (or most days -- sometimes I forget), and haven't had a cold for about 2 years. It comes in yummy flavors -- my most recent favorite is black cherry.

My other favorite cold cure is to take a really hot bath -- as hot and as long as you can stand, and then wrap up in a whole lot of blankets and sweat. Basically, anything that will make you sweat without exertion. Do that for as long as you can stand it, and you'll feel a lot better. A sauna would probably be ideal, but I don't have one of those.

3 Comments:

At February 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you feel better soon.

 
At February 4, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

I'm sorry you don't feel good. :( However, word up on the Emergen-C. LOVE it. Get well soon mama!

 
At February 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

Uh...WTF? Sneaky advertisment. I don't like the idea that they can spy on you like that. *shudder*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home