Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let's mix it up

Remember a month or so ago, when I said I'd love to have a KitchenAid mixer? Well, looky what Hannah brought me today!!!! She got it from a friend, who got it at an auction and then decided he didn't need it. So WOOTY WOOT!! Now I'm going to have to rearrange some stuff in my kitchen so I can leave it out to use it. The kids all came over today because yesterday was Tom's birthday. Now he's the proud owner of a Zoo Bar hoodie sweatshirt and a DVD of The Big Lebowski (his favorite movie). Also, Hannah wanted to make cottage cheese/dill bread. Hannah has a rather unique method of kneading bread. I must say that any time my kids get involved, it becomes a comedy routine.



It was her first attempt at bread baking, so the loaves aren't beautiful, but the fact that one of the loaves is already half gone attests to the yummiliciousness of this bread.

Then, Tony came over to pick up Hannah, and brought him some new clamps. According to Tom, "You can never have too many clamps."


All in all, it was a lovely day. It's snowing again, which really makes me wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. Unfortunately, I live so close to my office that I can't really use snow for an excuse.

Allow me to curmudgeon a moment. It really ticks me off when people just scrape off a little hole of ice/snow from their windshields instead of getting it off ALL of the windows. They make me scared to be out and about. People's stupidity increases in direct proportion to the amount of snow on the streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home