Sunday, December 7, 2008

Who Can Take the Sunshine, Sprinkle It With Dew

This is our Christmas tree. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what is actually eco-friendly for holiday trees. First, I have to say that I have to have one. This is an artificial tree that I got about 10 years ago. It's not exactly biodegradable, but it also means I haven't killed a live tree for 10 years. It's also not messy, and not a fire hazard. And I have to say that it looks damn good. It's a 9-foot douglas fir. You can see Davey hanging out beneath it.
I've been busily making lots and lots and lots of candy to give away for x-mas. I have to say, this is my best bunch EVER!

This is a tray of chocolate covered carmels, with crushed roasted almonds. The picture above is prior to the second chocolate dipping. These are so amazingly good!

Above is a bumper crop of glass candy. It has to be stored in glass jars because it is so strong that the smell seeps into everything around it. I made cinnamon, anise, wintergreen, spearmint, peppermint, clove, and butter rum.

And this is a picture of the boys. Inserted here just because they were being very cute.

This is "marbelized mint bark." Not my favorite, but Hannah says it's hers. Oh, and to the left you can see some of my homemade sauerkraut.

Peanut butter balls, prior to second chocolate dipping.
I love the holiday season!

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2008 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

Man oh man I love it too! Hooray for candy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home